Friday, October 30, 2009

BACK!

I had to take a break, but I am back the night before Halloween. After I made cupcakes, of course. If you're wondering what I'm wearing tomorrow, I will be going as greed as part of the 7 deadly sins.

Anyway, onto my question of the evening. What is with all of the metallic shorts and pants I've seen lately? I've seen these things a lot lately and I have to say... shiny is not flattering. It kind of makes your (anyone's) ass look huge and it's just kind of silly. I know Halloween is tomorrow, but I don't think that there is any other day that shimery silver shorts should be worn. Especially sequined silver shorts.

I say this because I love Marie Claire, but I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with the feature on shiny shorts. The other mentions of things like "Stripes are the new neutral" and shorts in fall really made me smile. But I think it's really fascinating how a print, stripes, has become so essential in the wardrobe that it is actually now being called a neutral. I know a lot of people don't like wearing stripes, but I think that stripes are for anyone (see my love of my striped boyfriend cardigan), you just have to find the ones you love. I know people say that it makes you look bigger than you are, but not if it fits properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment