Monday, June 20, 2011

The Summer Haircut

I am known for changing my hair at the drop of a hat. What's more is that I think I know what I want, and whenever I sit down in the chair, it's like the punk rock diva of my youth comes screaming out for something blunt and crazy, but generally cute. Last year my hair got as long as it had been since I was 13, which means it was finally past my shoulders. I didn't take very good care of it, and I decided that I would cut it into a bob. This was a bad idea. But I finally had it fixed last week. I am missing my long hair, but I know I'll survive. I'm working on growing it out. My issues lie in product and tools.

A couple of months ago, just after the move to Denver, my flatiron's on/off switch broke. It also has some damage to the cord. I spent a decent amount of money on it, and it's nice. But it's broken. It also kinda gets really hot around the broken switch.

I am almost out of my texture putty, and I am out of my curl mousse. I am working on the best way to enhance my hair-- give it shine, keep the ends from splitting, keeping it from the massive breaking I'm known for.

I am on a journey (the theme of the summer) to find the perfect combo for my hair. I've invested in the Bumble and Bumble salt water spray for curl (although I did get a nice hint from the Sephora peeps: too much and you'll have salt flakes in your hair). Next is shampoo, conditioner, and putty. Maybe a new hair spray (I am thinking of Tresseme, on recommendation of one of the ladies).

I'll be handing out recommendations when I make decisions, or as I try products, but feel free to throw recs at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment