Tuesday, January 17, 2012

After My Weekend Off

I managed to have a 4 day weekend. I don't know why, but all this did was make me more restless to get out of Denver. I don't know that L.A. is going to be the place that I love the most (probably not, Edinburgh will probably hold that for a long time), but I now understand why I have to leave. I need something that challenges me. It's like Aaron always says, some people can settle for a job that is okay, because they really love something else about where they're at. We're not those people.

And I'm not slamming anyone who can settle for a job that isn't what they've always dreamed of, but what I AM saying is that I will be miserable if I don't get into a field that fits who I am. I am incredibly restless on my days off, because I cannot wait to get out there. I cannot wait to be in the middle of something much more face-paced, and to be frank, I cannot wait to not be able to slow down. I am sick of life being slow, of it being hard to get into an inspiring area to help with creativity. Instead, right now, I feel like I'm struggling, because I am only getting creativity from movies and magazines. I feel like I'm at my best when I'm surrounded by culture and creativity, and the  more I think about it, I am stuck thinking that Colorado's culture is just... It's not helping.

So more and more I think about everything, I am probably hindering myself by allowing myself to perceive Colorado they way I do, but also, I understand that I am working toward leaving my fear of mediocrity and becoming boring behind.

Okay, no more crazy water for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment