Sunday, October 28, 2012

Working for Chanel

In case you all missed it, I have been MIA for a while now. I accepted a position as a Chanel Cosmetics Counter Manager at a department store. I have also met someone very special, so less blogging time for sure. Mostly because I am working so much, but I need to get back at it. So, I'm going to start blogging more about makeup. It's not that I care less about fashion, but I will admit that I love my job. Makeup is a huge part of fashion, so it's all about that for me. Plus, I am working for Chanel. I mean, come on.

So here's the thing. I keep seeing these "What's in their bag" posts. Which I love. But at the same time, if I dump my bag it's like gloves and name tag and bag of lipsticks and powder. Proof:

This is my work bag. In it, you see my mittens, fingerless so I can keep using my phone, my Michael Kors lipstick bag, Sephora nail polish remover (it's amazing for on the go! There's a sponge soaked in the best remover on the inside, so all you have to do is dip your fingers 2 or 3 times. All the girls at work are obsessed with it), my Starbucks gift card, because I run on coffee, Sephora carbon blotting papers (discontinued, but so amazing), Chanel Le Volume Mascara (not released until November 23rd, but my new addiction), Lancome gloss in Exuberant Rose, Soft Lips chapstick (which I never use. I don't know why it's there), Pepto for when I am super stressed, and my Chanel Poudre Universelle in 20. I have to live out of this bag for work, and it has to be clear, so I try to keep it minimal.

I do store a lot in my Michael Kors bag. I got it from Estee Lauder last holiday, and will get another this year. So, here's the lipsticks I must have for work. I love them so much.


Starting at the top, Chanel mini glossimer, perfect for sparkle and sheer. It's less tacky than most glosses.  My Maybelline Baby Lips collection. My favorite is the peach, which is in the purple tube. That's the only thing I can wear and still kiss my boyfriend in. He never knows when I'm wearing it, but it keeps my lips super soft and moist. In the silver and clear tube is a cheap gloss. I got it at Target for $1. Then there are my Rouge Allure Chanel lipsticks. When we re-released this line, I became obsessed. The best reds I've ever seen. Then, I had to have the holiday matte (which we've literally had for 3 days now.) So in the Rouge Allure I have Passion, Incandescente, and L'Impatiente. Next is Loreal lip stain in Target red (of course I had to have TARGET red.) I have Lancome's retractable liners in Berry, Plum, and Garnet to match some different lipsticks. Then I have a Urban Decay gloss. For me, the highlight of the gloss is both memory and packaging. One of my dearest friends and I got these when I was in college. We had to have them because of the hologram on the wand. It's of a guy, fully dressed, but if you tilt it forward, he's in his underwear. So funny. Next is my FAVORITE product in the bag right now. It's the Nars velvet matte pencil in Cruella. Best lipstick ever. I love the color. It's a vibrant red, but with blue undertones, so it matches my cheeks. Finally I have 2 matte lipsticks from Lancome in Plum Show and Socialite. They match the liners and are fun mattes.

Anyway, there's my welcome back. Again. Next we'll do one of my real bags, plus my favorite make up techniques and products (both value and luxury), bust out my tool box, talk brushes, and anything else. I'm glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment